Table of contents
- What is personal data?
- Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
- Why and with whom do we share personal data?
- Will personal data be transferred abroad?
- What else do we do to protect your personal data?
- How long do we retain personal data?
- What privacy choices do you have?
- Why do you receive emails from us?
- Links to other websites
- Contact us
What is personal data?
The term “personal data”, as used herein, comprises any information attributed or attributable to you as a user of our website, whether such information was entered by you, collected from you or otherwise obtained.
Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
As the provider of this website, Eurofox is the responsible data controller for all personal data that we hold about you, and that we collect, process and use in connection with your use of the website or otherwise.
What do we do with your personal data?
We collect, process and use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To administer, operate, maintain and improve the website;
- To respond to your requests for an offer;
- To comply with legal obligations, prevent unlawful uses of the website, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- For other purposes that you have specifically agreed to; and otherwise as permitted by applicable law.
We will seek your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, where legally required. Likewise, if we wish to use your personal data for a new or different purpose, we will notify you thereof and will only make such other use if it is required or permitted by applicable law or if you have consented to it.
For the purposes mentioned above, only a limited number of individuals within Hilti Group (e.g. individuals in sales, engineering, support, legal and IT, as well as certain managers with assigned responsibility) will receive access to your personal data.
What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
Personal data that we collect, process and use in connection with the website includes not only information that we actively collect while you interact with the website but also information that you voluntarily provide to us over the website in various contexts (e.g. when you fill in an online form). Hence, it is thus not possible to define an exclusive list of all potential types of personal data that we may collect, process and use. In general, however, typical types of personal data comprise the following:
- Name, title and address;
- Personal contact information (phone, email, fax, etc.);
- Information collected by cookies or similar technologies (as described in the next paragraph);
- Any other information that you enter on, or upload to, the website (e.g., content that you fill into an online form, a photo that you upload)
Cookies are small text files located in your browser directory. When a website is accessed, a cookie that is placed on a device sends information to the browser. Cookies are extremely common and used on a number of websites. In general, the purpose of cookies is to improve the performance of the website and the user's experience in using that web-site.
Eurofox uses the following types of cookies and similar technologies in connection with this website:
- JsessionID (session cookie that that last until you close your internet browser): Eurofox uses a cookie that serves to identify the user during his current session on this website. The Jsession ID cookie collects the user’s session ID but does not store any personal data after the user has closed his session and does not transfer any data to third parties.
You can modify your cookies settings, or refuse to accept cookies at all, thus limiting the amount of personal data that we receive about you. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please be aware, however, that you might then not be able to take advantage of some functions and features of the website.
For a more thorough explanation of what cookies are and how they operate, please read the All About Cookies website.
Why and with whom do we share personal data?
For the purposes mentioned above, we may share your personal data with third parties, including other entities of the Hilti group of companies. We do not sell, trade, rent, dis-close, transfer or otherwise share your personal data, unless to the extent described in the following or as agreed by you in a specific context (e.g., where you consenting to other types of data transfers in connection with enrolling for a specific service). Whenever sharing personal data, we do so only in strict accordance with applicable laws.
Potential recipients of your personal data are listed in the following:
- Other Hilti group entities and Hilti business partners: We may share your personal data with other entities of the Hilti group of companies (e.g. Hilti Market Organizations responsible for the respective local websites) and with our business partners if there is a legitimate reason to do so and such sharing is legally permissible. A legal permission exists for instance if you have consented to the sharing of your personal data or if applicable law permits or requires it. In any case where we share your data with other entities of the Hilti group of companies or with our business partners we do so only for specific purposes.
- Courts, law enforcement authorities and regulators: We may share personal data when we believe it necessary to comply with the law, to protect the rights or safety of our website, other users, or third parties (e.g., for fraud protection purposes). Without limitation, this may include cases in which we are required to share personal data by the law or binding order of courts, law enforcement authorities or regulators. We will carefully determine the permissibility of providing personal data in each such context, paying particular attention to the type of request, types of data affected and any impact that a disclosure of personal data would have on the user affected. Should we decide to disclose personal data in such context we will also consider ways of reducing the scope of the disclosure, for instance by redacting the information provided.
Will personal data be transferred abroad?
Recipients of your personal data may be located in any country. This may include countries where applicable data protection laws provide a lesser degree of protection than your home country. For instance, if you are located within the EU/EEA or Switzerland, the country where the recipient is located may not qualify as a safe country within the notion of the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) or the Federal Data Protection Act of Switzerland. In such case, Eurofox will nevertheless ensure an adequate level of protection for your data, for instance by ensuring that the recipient abides by the principles of the Safe Harbor (for recipients in the US) or by requiring the recipient to enter into so-called EC Model Clauses, which are sets of contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission for the purpose of adducing adequate safeguards to personal data in connection with cross-border transfers.
What else do we do to protect your personal data?
Eurofox understands the importance of data security and we want your browsing experience with us to be as safe as possible. We have implemented reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect your personal data, including technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss, both in an online and offline context.
Also, please understand that, while we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. Hence, we ask you to support our IT security efforts by not disclosing any data on our website that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context.
How long do we retain personal data?
Your personal data is not retained by us for longer than necessary for the legally permissible purposes for which they were collected, as required under applicable retention policies and/or as required or permitted in accordance with applicable law.
What privacy choices do you have?
You have a variety of choices regarding which data we may collect, process and use about you and for which purposes. Some of these choices include the following:
- You may use our website and its functions and features anonymously or through a pseudonym, unless where it is strictly necessary to identify you (e.g., in the context of a request for an offer).
- You can choose not to provide certain personal data at all, in particular where we seek your consent for the collection of information.
Why do you receive emails from us?
We may contact you in response to an inquiry you sent us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Such other websites are not controlled by us. When you visit such other website, you do so at your own risk. Eurofox cannot, and does not, assume any responsibility or liability for such other websites, the content of such websites and their privacy practices, nor do we endorse them. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by such other websites prior to providing them with information about you or entering into any transactions on them.
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your online privacy please do not hesitate to contact us. You may also contact us if wish to gain access to the personal data we hold about you, if you wish to request that your personal data be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, or that we refrain from further use of your personal data, if you wish to withdraw any consents previously granted, or if you wish to object to the creation of individual user profiles.
You may reach out to us as follows:
Tel. +43 (0) 2627 42400-0
Fax: +43 (0) 2627 42400-40
© Eurofox Gesellschaft m.b.H.
v1.0 Posted: 23/01/2018