The system consists of aluminium wall brackets and profiles, and is specifically designed for vertical substructures in ventilated facades. Wall brackets are supplied with pre-assembled isolators and, according with the method of installation on the base material – anchors, screws or direct fastening – with different hole geometries in the base plate.
Wall brackets are designed with both fixed and flexible points to allow for thermal expansion of the profile. The fixed point takes the weight of the panels and substructure and the proportional wind loads, while the flexible point only assumes the proportional wind loads.
Vertical profiles are connected to the wall brackets with specially designed screws for fixed and flexible points. This allows virtually frictionless sliding of the profiles against the wall brackets and keeps the profile connected by the fixed point in place. The flexible point makes sure that there are no additional loads applied to the substructure by expansion forces exerted by the profile.
Adjustment of the profiles on the wall brackets is assisted by a “helping hand”. The helping hand keeps the profile in position whilst the profile is being fixed with screws, allowing fast connection to the bracket. With this system, wall tolerances of up to 40 mm can be perfectly compensated. The wall brackets are available in sizes from 40 mm to 270 mm or with isolators from 45 to 275 mm in 30 mm increments each in different sizes. The isolator separates the substructure from the base material to reduce thermal bridging. Bracket lengths over 65 mm come with the isolator pre-assembled, thus saving valuable time.
- Flexible design using fixed and flexible points
- Different sizes of brackets
- 40 mm adjustment capability of the profiles in the wall bracketsBrackets can be installed using a range of methods – anchors, screws or direct fastening
- The isolator separates the substructure from the base material to reduce thermal bridging
- Substructures can be designed with PROFIS Facade to create technically sound, cost-efficient solutions
- Pre-assembled isolator from 65 mm bracket length
Hilti - MFT-MFI Ventilated Facade Installation Video
- MFT-MFI S / M / L
- MFT-MF S / M / L
To order products, visit your local Hilti page.